Thursday, July 24, 2014

Inauguration: Hi, thanks for taking a second to read my wandering thoughts. I started this blog to keep track of my thoughts, and those of others, on topics of interest to me--economic development and conservation, coaching and teaching, and learning from experience. Thinking back to the start of my career as a geographer, teacher, coach, and parent I am amazed at how right I was. That is...how right I thought I was. The most remarkable revolution I have seen in research methods, writing, economic development and conservation, and coaching over the last 20 years is the embrace many of us now have of the partial view, the mistake, and the ability to learn from past experiences. In development circles we call this monitoring, evaluation, and learning or impact assessment. In coaching and teaching we refer to learning outcome assessments or facilitated feedback. In parenting I guess we refer to it as try, try again, try something different.
I will be commenting on news items, personal experiences, and things I learn from others from time to time and hope to hear from you. If you have a suggestion please let me hear it.

           

1 comment: